Which Matches Are Fans Have The Most Buzz Heading Into Sunday
If YouTube views is a fair judge, and I think it is to some degree, the WrestleMania 35 match with the most momentum heading into Sunday is the main event.
For the first time ever, women will headline WrestleMania, and the WWE Universe appears to be stoked for it. The wild brawl scene between Ronda Rousey, Becky Lynch, and Charlotte has generated a whopping 5.8 million views on YouTube.
The WWE wanted to generate one last bit of buzz for the historic main event, and it appears it accomplished its mission. Fans will have to wait a long time to see the match, as it appears we’re looking at 17 matches on Sunday.
Here is a look at the complete card which doesn’t include a potential John Cena and/or Undertaker match:
WWE Universal Title Match
- Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar (c)
WWE Title Match
- Kofi Kingston vs. Daniel Bryan (c)
Winner Takes All Triple Threat for the RAW Women’s Title and the SmackDown Women’s Title
- Becky Lynch vs. Ronda Rousey (c) vs. SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair (c)
WWE United States Title Match
- Rey Mysterio vs. Samoa Joe (c)
WWE Intercontinental Match
- Finn Balor as The Demon King vs. Bobby Lashley (c)
Fatal 4 Way for the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles
- The IIconics vs. WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix and Natalya vs. Tamina Snuka and Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks and Bayley (c)
Fatal 4 Way for the SmackDown Tag Team Titles
- Ricochet and Aleister Black vs. Sheamus and Cesaro vs. Rusev and Shinsuke Nakamura vs. The Usos (c)
No Holds Barred Match
- Triple H vs. Batista
Triple H’s career will be on the line.
Falls Count Anywhere Match
- The Miz vs. Shane McMahon
Farewell Match for WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle
- Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin
- AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton
- Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre
Raw Tag-Team Title Match
- The Revival (c) vs. Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder
Kickoff Pre-show: 6th Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
- Colin Jost and Michael Che of SNL, Braun Strowman, Andrade, Apollo Crews, Titus O’Neil, Tyler Breeze, Jinder Mahal, No Way Jose, Bobby Roode, Chad Gable, Kalisto, Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Heath Slater, Rhyno, Viktor, Konnor, Ali, Shelton Benjamin, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Otis, Tucker, EC3, TBA
Kickoff Pre-show: 2nd Annual WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal
- Asuka, Carmella, Naomi, Lana, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Nikki Cross, Dana Brooke, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Mickie James, Zelina Vega, TBA
Kickoff Pre-show: WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
- Tony Nese vs. Buddy Murphy (c)
The second-most-watched video for an upcoming WrestleMania 35 bout is the last skirmish between Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar. The Beast Incarnate will defend his Universal title against Rollins, but we don’t know exactly where it will appear on the card.
The last Lesnar-Rollins video has 3.2 million views.
This is a bit surprising because it hasn’t seemed as though the WWE has captured the attention of its fanbase with this feud. However, the numbers don’t lie. There is apparently substantial interest in this match. It’s proof Lesnar’s crossover appeal is still a major factor, no matter how many hardcore fans seem to dislike him.
Roman Reigns and Drew McIntyre’s match isn’t for a title, but it has been one of the best-booked feuds. The WWE has kept Reigns as a sympathetic character after his real-life battle with cancer, and McIntyre has continued showing he has everything necessary to be a main-event star.
The two men have engaged in a number of brutal battles outside the ring, and McIntyre has gotten the better of all of those fights. The last one generated 1.1 million views on YouTube.
That’s pretty significant considering there is no title on the line. This match could literally fall in the middle of the card, but it’s apparent, there is real fan interest. Another match on the card that has no title, but does have a major stipulation attached is the Triple H vs. Batista match.
If Triple H loses, he has to retire. Both men have been solid on the mic leading up to the match, and Batista’s last video also generated 1.1 million views.
My expectations are low for this one as it pertains to in-ring action, but I’m hopeful Triple H and Batista will surprise us all.
Lastly, and a bit surprisingly, Kofi Kingston and Daniel Bryan’s last exchange before their match at WrestleMania 35 has yet to crack 1 million views on YouTube. It’s sitting around 940K. It’s the biggest Smackdown angle on YouTube, but well behind the top two Raw stories.
KofiMania has become one of the most discussed storylines of WrestleMania season. However, it’s not been as popular with the WWE’ YouTube audience as you might think. Stay tuned for a breakdown of each match after WrestleMania 35 on Sunday with awards and match grades.
Source link Google news