WEATHER AUTHORITY ALERT: Winter weather will impact travel through Tuesday | ABC Fox Bozeman
Western Montana is under a WEATHER AUTHORITY ALERT as winter weather will make travel difficult to impossible in the coming days.
…WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM MST TUESDAY…
* WHAT…Heavy snow occurring. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches through Tuesday with up to 18 inches in the mountains. Lower snowfall amounts of 3 to 6 inches are expected in the Dillon area. Snow may diminish for a period early Monday before increasing again Monday night and Tuesday.
* WHERE…Gallatin, Beaverhead and Madison.
* WHEN…Until 5 PM MST Tuesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Travel could be very difficult. Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility over the mountains.
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM MST MONDAY…
…WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING…
* WHAT…Snow. Heavy snow possible and blowing snow. Additional snow accumulations of 4 to 6 inches. Total snow accumulations of 7 to 12 inches possible. Blowing and drifting snow on Highway 12 and over MacDonald Pass.
* WHERE…Butte, Georgetown Lake, Highway 12 Garrison to Elliston, Homestake Pass, and MacDonald Pass.
* WHEN…For the Winter Weather Advisory, from 6 AM Sunday to 11 AM MST Monday. For the Winter Storm Watch, from Monday morning through Tuesday morning.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Travel could be very difficult due to snow covered roads and low visibility. The cold wind chills as low as 10 below zero could result in hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM MST MONDAY…
…WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM MONDAY TO 11 AM MST TUESDAY…
* WHAT…Snow and blowing snow. Heavy snow and blowing snow expected. Additional snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches in the southern Bitteroot through Monday morning. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 9 inches expected, with 9-12 inches in the terrain around Hamilton and Darby. Missoula valley will have 4-6 inches of snow accumulation, along with 20 mph winds.
* WHERE…Missoula/Bitterroot Valleys.
* WHEN…For the Winter Weather Advisory, until 11 AM MST Monday. For the Winter Storm Warning, from 11 AM Monday to 11 AM MST Tuesday.
* WINDS…Gusty easterly winds will approach 20 to 30 mph at times through Hellgate Canyon and East Missoula. Snowfall amounts in areas with gusty winds will be suppressed.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The cold wind chills as low as 15 below zero could result in hypothermia if precautions are not taken.